May 21, 2013
Petition for Moratorium on GM Alfalfa
Please print this petition to collect signatures for your Member of Parliament.
- Please remember that people need to sign the side with the text - signatures on the back cannot be legally considered by your MP so they will be lost.
- Please send the original signatures directly to your MP. This is effective communication from you as a constituent. You can search for your MP's contact using your postal code at www.parl.gc.ca
- When you send your petition, please consider a covering letter requesting your MP to table the petition in the House, with a count of how many people signed, and any update on the motion for a moratorium if you have one. Keep a copy of your letter so you can follow up.
- Your MP needs the original copy of the signatures.
- Your MP can table a petition in the House of Commons - read it out in the House - even if they do not yet agree with you. You can ask for this with a petition of 25 or more signatures.
Thank you for taking this important action and giving other people in your community an opportunity to have their voices heard!
GE Alfalfa Petition 2013 2.pdf 75.03 kB