January 17, 2017
Write the Minister of the Environment
November 25 2013: Canada has approved commercial production of the world's first GM fish. If Canada and the US approve the fish for eating, the GM salmon eggs will be produced in PEI and shipped to Panama for grow-out and processing. The GM fish could also be produced in Canada. But the production of GM salmon or GM salmon eggs is extremely risky - there will always be the danger of escape into the wild.
Write to the Minister of the Environment and Climate Change, Catherine McKenna today. Just fill out the form below to send your letter instantly - feel free to customize your letter.
Your letter will also be automatically sent to:
- Hon. Gail Shea, Minister of Fisheries and Oceans
- Megan Leslie, NDP Environment Critic
- Hon. John MacKay, Liberal Environment Critic
- Robert Chisholm, NDP Fisheries Critic
- Hon. Lawrence MacAulay, Liberal Party Fisheries Critic
- André Bellavance, Bloc Québécois
- Elizabeth May, Leader, Green Party